Hopkinton State Park is located in the towns of Hopkinton and Ashland and includes the picturesque Hopkinton Reservoir. The park offers a variety of year-round recreational activities including 2 life-guarded swimming beaches, stocked fishing, 2 reservable pavilions - Split Rock and Beach Pavilion, 12 shaded, first come first served, picnic areas (250 picnic tables and 165 charcoal cooking grills). Attention all pavilion rental guests. You and your guests must arrive by 11:00 AM to assure admittance to the park. Once the park reaches capacity, which is typically prior to noon, the gates close for the day. There will be no exceptions.
10 miles of marked trails, open field space and a concrete boat launching ramp for non-motorized watercraft. Boating in Boston provides sesasonal boat rentals (617) 299-3392.
WE ARE NOT YET ACCEPTING 2021 RESERVATIONS FOR THE PAVILION. Split Rock Pavilion and Beach Pavilion (Reservations Only). Public restrooms are available during the spring, summer and fall months.
- The cost to rent a pavilion is $175 per day. Be advised this fee is subject to change. There is a non-refundable $4.50 transaction charge for the reservation service.
- Pavilion rentals include use of 1 group sized (3'x3' cooking area) charcoal ready grill, picnic table seating for approximately 100 people, and a 1 acre mowed, grassy field. Electricity is available at the Beach Pavilion.
Please bring your own charcoal. The pavilion itself is 24'x52'.
- Restrooms and potable water are located on site at Split Rock Group Area and Beach Pavilion. Please be aware that the restrooms at the Split Rock Pavilion site are not ADA accessible. There are 2 other restroom buildings within the facility that provide full ADA access.
- Parking is available for 100 cars at Split Rock. There is no designated parking for the Beach Pavilion. MA resident vehicles are $8.00 and Non MA resident vehicles are $30.00. Residency will be based on the license plate of the vehicle wishing to park.
- Attention all pavilion rental guests: You must arrive by 11:00 AM to assure admittance to the park. Once the park reaches capacity, which is typically prior to noon on weekends and holidays, the gates close for the day. There will be no exceptions.
- Alcohol is prohibited in all Massachusetts State Parks and Campgrounds
- Please be advised, the rental of this facility is generally for a self-catered picnic or simple gathering. Should you be interested in having a caterer, amplified music, a bounce house, fundraising event, etc. you will need to secure permission via a special event permit. There is a $45 non-refundable application fee, a Certificate of Liability Insurance will be required and you will need to submit a Covid-19 Compliance Plan stating how you will meet the Governor’s guidelines. For more information, please visit: https://www.mass.gov/how-to/apply-for-a-state-parks-special-use-permit
- Overnight camping is prohibited at the site.
- There is no electric service available at the Split Rock Pavilion.
- Check in time is 9:00 AM Check out Time is 7:30 PM
Without prior notification to the park directly, reservations not checked in by 12:00 PM will be considered no show and all fees are forfeited.
- Decorations Signs and banners and party decorations may be used and secured only by masking or painters tape. The use of duct tape, glue, nails, tacks or other fasteners that may damage surfaces are prohibited.
- Trash All sites must be restored to the original condition at the end of use. Minimum clean-up consists of removal of all food and beverages, picking up and placing all trash and debris in containers and removal of all decorations and equipment
- Vehicles The pavilion rental fee does not include vehicle entry fees. Each vehicle will be required to purchase and display a valid parking pass. Vehicles are prohibited beyond the parking lot. Permits do not include parking spaces and parking at the location by the general public is allowed.