State Park with two large reservoirs North of Loma, CO. There are 7 waterfowl hunting blinds located along the north shore of Highline Lake, that are available for hunters Monday through Friday. The check-in board is located at the west entrance where ALL hunters must check in and out, approximately 0.4 miles west of 11.8 Road on R Road. The parking area for all blinds is at Mack Mesa Lake, 1 mile north of the west entrance. A gravel foot/bike trail leads from the parking area to the blinds. Hunters can use hand carried craft which are hand propelled or powered by electric motors to take decoys to blinds.
By making a reservation with Colorado Parks and Wildlife, you are agreeing to read and abide by all rules stated in this purchase flow and on the confirmation letter.
Please see the web site: http://cpw.state.co.us/placestogo/Parks/ highlinelake or call the Ranger station at (970) 858-7208 for current hunting information.
- 1. Waterfowl and small game hunting on Highline Lake is prohibited on Saturdays and Sundays except for youth hunting waterfowl during the youth waterfowl season weekend.
- 2. Waterfowl hunting is limited to designated blinds only, with a maximum of four (4) hunters per blind.
- 3. Other small game hunting is limited to that portion of Highline Lake State Park bounded on the north and the east by the park property boundaries; on the south by the no wake buoy line; and on the west by Mack Mesa Reservoir.
- 4. Waterfowl hunting on this property is by reservation only. Hunters with reservations may only hunt the hunt area specified on the reservation. Hunters must follow check-in and check-out procedures as posted at the property.
- 5. Waterfowl hunt areas that have not been reserved will be available on a firstcome, first-served basis after 5:00 am on each hunting day. Reserved hunt areas unoccupied by 7:00 am will be available on a first-come, firstserved basis. However, any hunt area must be yielded at any time upon request of a hunter holding a valid and active reservation for that area.
Hunters who wish to cancel a reservation must do so no later than 12:00 noon on the day before the hunt date, unless otherwise specified.