|Moose Brook State Park
Moose Brook State Park is in an area of unparalleled scenery and offers a variety of outdoor activities.
- Ideal for a base camp for hiking the Presidential Range, including Mount Washington.
- Peabody and Moose Rivers flow through the park.
- Scenic mountain backdrop .
- The 87 park acres and surrounding 668 acres of state forest were purchased by the state in 1934.
- The swimming area, bathhouse, campground, and administration building were built at that time and the park opened to the public in 1936.
- The original administration building, still in use, is an excellent example of classic Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) design and construction.
- Camping Tents
- Pop-up campers
- Trailer and RV – no hook-ups
- Designated youth group site will hold up to 60 people
- Fire rings
- Picnic Tables locations
- 2 Restrooms
- 1 Showers w/hot water
- Playgrounds (#) location o Man made swimming area – brook fed (cold water)
- Lifeguard during peak season (6/20-9/1)
- Park store: gift, snacks, supplies
- 2 cars can park at most sites with additional parking at registration office
- Most site are wooded and therefore shaded
- Visitor information can be found at registration office
- Pets are allowed except on sites 25 & 26
- Firewood is available at the registration office
- PLEASE do not bring wood in from out of state.
- Good fishing in nearby brooks
Off Route 2,
Learn more about this park and book your reservation online