Copake Falls are in southeastern Columbia County. The park consists of more than 5,000 acres of land along an 11 mile border separating New York from Massachusetts and Connecticut.
The Copake Falls area of Taconic State Park is located along the Taconic Mountain Range in Southeastern Columbia County , the park shares a border with Massachusetts and Connecticut .
Besides camping and hiking other popular activities include swimming , picknicking , boating at Rudd Pond , bicycling and roller blading on the rail trail , cross country skiing and snowshoeing with downhill skiing nearby , snowmobiling , fishing and hunting .
Copake Falls has over 100 campsites for tents and trailers . There are 5 Bash Bish cabins , 7 Ironworkers cabins and 6 year-round Greenwich cabins which accommodate from 4 to 6 people in each .
Nearby attractions include Taconic State Park's Rudd Pond Area, Olana State Historic Site, Lake Taghkanic State Park, and Clermont State Historic Site.
Each year the campground makes every effort to provide safe swimming opportunities by testing the water and by keeping the swimming areas staffed with lifeguards. Please be aware that if the safety of our swimmers is compromised, due to lack of lifeguard coverage or water quality issues, swimming will be prohibited and therefore cannot be a guaranteed activity. We apologize for this inconvenience as it may occur with little advance notice.
To insure fairness for all NY customers, any reservation with departure dates outside the 9-month Maximum Window can not be changed or cancelled until 18 days after the reservation was made.
Reservation holder must be present with positive identification and register with the park office prior to the occupancy of any campsite or cabin.
Park is closed 10 p.m. to 7 a.m. to any person that is not registered on your camping/cabin permit.
CABINS & COTTAGES
- Cabins GH1,GH2,GH3 and GH4 ,GH6 and GH7 are reservable year-round.
- Cabin capacity is 4 or 6 people depending on the unit, including children. Exceeding cabin limits will void the reservation.
- Access Pass is NOT accepted for any cottage. (GH3, GH4, GH6 and GH7)
- No cabins or cottages may sublet.
- NO DOGS ALLOWED IN ANY CABINS.
- As of April 1, 2012 - all cabins and cottages are SMOKE FREE.
- Cabins/cottages are 7 day or 14 day reservations during peak season, which runs from the end of June until the Sunday before Labor Day and rents as follows.
Friday to Friday: Bish Bash cabins 1 and 2, Ironworker Cabins 2W, 2E, 3W and 3E, Greenwich Cottages GH3, GH4, GH6 and GH7.
Saturday to Saturday: Bish Bash Cabins 3, 4 and 5. Ironworker Cabins WM, CM and EM, Greenwich Cottages GH1 and GH2.
- PERSONS renting cottages between Dec 1st and May 1st must contact the Park Office at 518-329-3993 to make arrangements to pick up the cabin key.
- All sites have a picnic table and fireplace with cooking grate.
- Tent platform sites will accommodate free standing tents up to 14 feet by 16 feet. Platform sites are as follows; Loop A: 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 30; Loop B: 45, 46, 47, 65, 68, 69, 70.
- No sites may be sublet.
- Looking to reserve for just 1-night? If you make your reservation within 3 days of your arrival you can book a 1-night stay online or through the Call Center. This applies only to campsites.
- Tent and Trailer campers with dogs allowed to camp in D section of the campground ONLY.
- NO DOGS ALLOWED IN ANY CABINS.
- No more than two dogs per site.
- Must be attended to and on a leash at all times.
- Proof of rabies inoculation is required.
- It is preferred that sites within designated pet loops are chosen when using Service animals. They will be allowed elsewhere when these sites are not available or practical.
Peak season: A person may be the primary site occupant for 14 total days of camping within a 16 day period. S/he must leave the park for 48 hours once they have stayed the maximum number of days allowed before beginning a new reservation.