Cedar Point State Park is located in the THOUSAND ISLANDS REGION and is one of the oldest state parks in New York, is a popular spot, offering excellent camping, fishing, boating and swimming. The beach is sheltered and sandy, and there are docks for boats, a fishing pier and picnic grounds. From the overlook area, visitors can watch ocean-going freighters pass by.
Cedar Point State Park is located on Cedar Point, in Jefferson County.
Park visitors enjoy boating, camping, fishing, hunting, and picnicking.
The park offers a beach, boat rentals, and dockage, campsites, dumping stations, a marina with a pump-out station, picnic tables and pavilions, a playground, playing fields, and showers.
Nearby state parks include Burnham Point State Park, Grass Point State Park, Long Point State Park - Thousand Islands, Wellesley Island State Park, and Keewaydin State Park.
DID YOU KNOW you save 15-20% by reserving a weeknight* campsite?
(*Sunday-Thursday, excluding holidays)
Each year the campground makes every effort to provide safe swimming opportunities by testing the water and by keeping the swimming areas staffed with lifeguards. Please be aware that if the safety of our swimmers is compromised, due to lack of lifeguard coverage or water quality issues, swimming will be prohibited and therefore cannot be a guaranteed activity. We apologize for this inconvenience as it may occur with little advance notice.
To insure fairness for all NY customers, any reservation with departure dates outside the 9-month Maximum Window can not be changed or cancelled until 18 days after the reservation was made.
- This park is often confused with Cedar Point County Park in Long Island New York. That park can be reached by calling (516) 854-4949.
- Patrons must be 18 years or older to register for a site.
- No tents or pop-up campers without sewer hook-ups will be allowed on full hook-up sites.
- Campers can check in after 3 p.m.
- Only 2 pets per site are permitted. Current rabies certificate required. Pets must be on a leash no longer than 6ft at all times.
- Looking to reserve for just 1-night? If you make your reservation within 3 days of your arrival you can book a 1-night stay online or through the Call Center. This applies only to campsites.
- Peak season: A person may be the primary site occupant for 14 total days of camping within a 16 day period. S/he must leave the park for 48 hours once they have stayed the maximum number of days allowed before beginning a new reservation.