Hamlin Beach State Park's clear water, sandy beaches, and 264 tent and trailer campsites bring thousands of visitors to the park each year. The environmental education center in the Yanty Creek Marsh area at the east end of the park has a mile long self-guided nature trail. In addition, there are 10 miles of hiking and biking trails, as well as snowmobile and cross-country skiing trails. Visitors can launch car-top boats, fish for salmon and trout, and enjoy the picnic facilities.
Hamlin Beach State Park is located on the south shore of Lake Ontario.
Visitors enjoy fishing, hiking, snowmobiling, and cross-country skiing.
The park offers a beach, boat launch sites, a nature trail, group and individual campsites with showers and dumping stations, picnic tables, and a playground.
Nearby state parks include Lakeside Beach State Park, Golden Hill State Park, Darien Lakes State Park, Letchworth State Park, and Stony Brook State Park.
**2013 Park Improvements** During winter and early spring, the campground will be upgrading 86 electric sites. The campground will be ready for the May 10th opening, however due to the nature of the project some areas will be recovering from the excavation of electric lines.
Some sites and or loops may not be ready for use prior to May 21, 2013. Pet restrictions may be lifted in non-pet loops during this period. For the most up-to-date information, please contact the park at 585-964-2462
Each year the campground makes every effort to provide safe swimming opportunities by testing the water and by keeping the swimming areas staffed with lifeguards. Please be aware that if the safety of our swimmers is compromised, due to lack of lifeguard coverage or water quality issues, swimming will be prohibited and therefore cannot be a guaranteed activity. We apologize for this inconvenience as it may occur with little advance notice.
To insure fairness for all NY customers, any reservation with departure dates outside the 9-month Maximum Window can not be changed or cancelled until 18 days after the reservation was made.
- Extra charge for additional vehicles and visitors.
- Pets ALLOWED in the A, B and C Loops (sites 1-137). No more than 2 pets per site. All pets must have a valid rabies certificate and be leashed at all times.
- NO Pets allowed in the D, E and F Loops (sites 138-264).
- Camper must be 18 years old or older to obtain a camping permit. Reservation holder must be present on site throughout stay. Tents accommodated on all sites.
- Looking to reserve for just 1-night? If you make your reservation within 3 days of your arrival you can book a 1-night stay online or through the Call Center. This applies only to campsites.
- There is 14 day maximum stay at the park. After this two week period, the camper must leave the park for 48 hours. "A, B and C" comfort stations are ADA accessible. NO REGISTRATION AFTER 9:00 PM.
- Peak season: A person may be the primary site occupant for 14 total days of camping within a 16 day period. S/he must leave the park for 48 hours once they have stayed the maximum number of days allowed before beginning a new reservation.
- There is a fee charged on the 2nd vehicle for the first night of your camping stay.