Activities and Amenities
Fort Gibson Lake sits nearly 8 miles from the confluence of the Grand and Arkansas Rivers. An oak-hickory woodland covers the rolling hills of the region.
The nearly 20,000-acre lake offers great boating and swimming opportunities.
Anglers enjoy fishing for black bass, white bass, crappie and several varieties of catfish and panfish.
The lake's 225 miles of shoreline are home to thousands of acres of public hunting lands, where white-tailed deer, bobwhite quail, mourning dove, duck, geese, cottontail rabbit and squirrel roam.
This year-round campground offers 30 family sites and one group day-use picnic shelter, all with electric hookups. Two additional sites are available without hookups and on a first come, first served basis.
Amenities include flush and pit toilets, drinking water, showers, a dump station and boat ramp.
Historic Fort Gibson, established in 1824, served as an important military post on the western frontier for close to 70 years. Now a National Historical Landmark, the site is open to the public year round.
Volunteers reenact the lifestyle of the late 1800s during various events held throughout the year. A reconstructed log stockade, and original barracks, hospital, bakehouse and other structures still stand today.