Dogwood Campground is a family-friendly facility located in the heart of the San Bernardino National Forest. All sites must be reserved to enjoy the area's scenic surroundings and plentiful recreational opportunities.
The campground is located about 20 miles northeast of San Bernardino in a dense forest of cedar, oak, pine and fir trees. The lush forest is home to a variety of wildlife and birds.
Ample opportunities for short, day hikes exist in the surrounding area. Within the campground, the Dogwood Trail and Enchanted Loop Trail both provide scenic views and are less than a mile in length.
The campground offers dozens of single-family campsites, available mostly for tent camping. Some sites are equipped with electric hookups and can accommodate RV camping. The parking aprons are paved, but quite narrow.
Each site is equipped with a table and campfire ring with grill. Accessible flush toilets, accessible showers and drinking water are provided. An amphitheater is available and the host offers evening campfire programs on some weekend nights.
The nearest community is Lake Arrowhead, which provides a variety of restaurants and quaint shops. It is just five minutes from the campground. Lake Gregory, which offers boating, fishing and a water slide park, is about 15 minutes away.
- Bears frequent the area; use appropriate containers for food and garbage
- In accordance with standard industry practices, Mountain Top Recreation will be assessing a $5 additional vehicle fee per night on the second vehicle in each single family campsite, and on the third and fourth vehicles in any double family campsite, provided these vehicles are not joined to the first vehicle by a hitch and towed onto the site. In the case of motorcycles, the first two are considered to be one vehicle and the third and fourth are also considered to be one vehicle. No additional vehicle fees are collected for bicycles.
- Off-road vehicle use is prohibited within the campground
- Fee for use of dump station will be collected at the time of use.
- Click here for more information on the San Bernardino National Forest
Fire restrictions may be imposed at any time due to hot, dry weather conditions, at which time campfires and charcoal fires may not be allowed. For current fire conditions or weather closures, contact the forest supervisor's office at (909) 382-2600.
- Don't Move Firewood: Protect California's forests from tree-killing pests by buying your firewood locally and burning it on-site. For more information visit firewood.ca.gov.