Located 50 miles from Boston, Willard Brook State Forest contains 2,597 acres of classic New England woods with a beautiful tumbling brook. Willard Brook's nineteen campsites and a brand new Group Yurt are spread beneath a pine canopy. The understory is mountain laurel which bloom's spectacularly in June. There is a comfort station only, with no showers located in the campground. Swimming and fishing opportunities at Willard Brook draw campers to this small campground.
IMPORTANT: MA State Parks prohibits the transportation of firewood into or out of MA State Park Campground facilities. Arriving customers must get their firewood at the campground. Firewood is available for $5.00 per bundle. Pricing may vary at campgrounds with camp stores. Transportation of firewood into or out of MA State Park Campground facilities may result in eviction, or substantial fine, or both.
- The Group Yurt at Willard Brook offers a unique group camping experience. The group yurt is a canvas sided, cabin-like structure that can accommodate 10 to 16 people.
- Yurts offer bunk beds, chairs and tables and access to water and electricity. Linens and eating utensils are not provided.
- Pets are not permitted in the yurts or on the yurt sites.
- All yurts are wheelchair accessible.
Alcoholic beverages are prohibited in all Massachusetts State Parks and Campgrounds.
The reservation must be in the name of the primary occupant.
To insure fairness for all MA customers, any reservation with departure dates outside the 6-month Maximum Window cannot be changed or canceled until 18 days after the reservation was made.
If you choose to cancel or change your reservation, a $10.00 fee will be charged. The reservation transaction charge is non-refundable.
Cancellations made on the day of arrival must be made by contacting the campground and will result in the loss of the first night's camping use fee plus the $10.00 cancellation fee. Fees will be deducted from any refunds due or will be added to future reservations. Refunds of $5.00 or less cannot be processed. If you leave early, please check-out at the contact station.
If you are unable to arrive on your scheduled arrival date, you must call the campground. Failure to contact the park by 8 A.M. the morning following your scheduled arrival date may result in your campsite being reassigned to another camper and forfeiture of all fees paid.
Help this state forest, park or beach by donating to the Conservation Trust.
Learn more about our volunteer host camping program.
To ensure a safe and enjoyable experience for all our campers:
- Trailers longer than 20 feet may have difficulty maneuvering into their site.
- Limited service campground offering fresh water and composting toilets only. No showers available.
- A group yurt is available for rent and has a minimum occupancy of 10 and a maximum of 16 persons. Pets are not permitted in the yurt or on the yurt sites.
- Number to call during OFF season is 978-597-8802
- Respect the 14-day camping limit. To ensure that many campers enjoy our parks, campers and camping equipment are limited to 14 cumulative days occupancy in any one park between Memorial Day and Labor Day. Violators of the 14-day limit may be asked to leave the park.
- Don't overcrowd your campsite. Please limit site occupancy to four people or one family (parents and children 17 or under). Please limit site equipment to two tents or one trailer or RV and one tent. Also, please no more than two vehicles per campsite.
- Check-in time is 1:00 P.M.; Check-out time is 11:00 A.M.
- Quiet hours are 10:00 P.M. to 7:00 A.M.
- Pets are welcome in most campgrounds, but please keep them on a 10' leash at all times, clean up after them, never leave them unattended and prevent them from disturbing others. Also, you must bring proof of rabies vaccination when camping with your pet. Pets are prohibited from designated beach areas, Boston Harbor Islands, Camp Nihan and all yurt and cabin sites.
- Massachusetts law requires that children age 16 and under wear a helmet when bicycling. The MA DCR encourages all cyclists to wear a helmet and to cycle safely.
- Please do not feed wild animals.