For those less interested in "roughing it", the park has six vacation cabins, complete with bedroom, bathroom, fully equipped kitchen, screened porch and a fireplace. The air-conditioned and heated cabins have two double beds and can comfortably sleep four people, with a maximum capacity of six.
Eight vacation cabins overlooking Big Slough Lake each have two bedrooms and a rear deck. The lakeside cabins sleep up to eight people.
A group camp accommodates up to 38 guests, dormitory style. The group camp and meeting room each have a kitchen/dining area.
- Pets are not allowed in any buildings, including cabins and lodges.
- Reservations made 10 to 11 months in advance must be paid in full within 30 days after the reservation is made or it will be cancelled. For all other reservations, please be prepared to pay the balance of your facility rental fee upon your arrival at the park. No out of state checks will be accepted as payment.
- Reservations for overnight facilities are held until check-out time the day after your scheduled arrival.
- Early departures will be treated as cancellations.
- Pavilions and meeting rooms are accessible during operating hours.
- Golden Age/Golden Access Passport holders must present a valid card at check-in.This discount only applies to campsite rentals, not cabin, lodge or group camp rentals.
- Persons who rent park facilities can be held responsible for any damage done to those facilities.
- All park buildings are smoke free environments including cabins and lodges.
- Cabins and Lodges are supplied with limited basic kitchen utensils, pots, coffee pot, bed linens, pillows and a limited number of towels. Please bring your own towels, soap products, etc.
- Group Camps are furnished with pots, basic kitchen utensils and bunk-beds. Please bring your own pillows, bed linens, towels, soap products, and paper products (paper towels and toilet paper), etc.
- A maximum stay of 14 consecutive days is allowed in the park.
- Reservations must be made at least 1 days in advance.
If you are reserving a cabin, lodge or group camp 10 months or more in advance of the arrival this reservation will adhere to the following:
- This reservation must be paid in full no later than 30 days after the reservation is made.
- If you call the reservation center to drop off any days or cancel you will be charged one days rental.
- Pools are open Memorial Day weekend to August 1 and closed Mondays for maintenance, except for holiday Mondays. When pools are open on a holiday Monday, the pools will be closed for maintenance on the Tuesday following the holiday Monday.
- From August 1 through Labor Day, pools will be open on modified schedules. Please check with the individual parks for specific days and hours of operation. All pool schedules are subject to change.
EFFECTIVE JULY 1, 2010: The Peak and Non Peak seasons listed on the Reserve America Fees and Cancellation link are NOT correct. Please refer to LA State Parks Press Release for the new Winter and Summer seasons.
Reservations made 10 to 11 months in advance must be paid in full within 30 days after the reservation is made or it will be cancelled. For all other reservations, please be prepared to pay the balance of your facility rental fee upon your arrival at the park. No out of state checks will be accepted as payment.
For Park Specific Questions contact the park at 1-888-677-2436.
Should you have any problem with your reservation, or you need to make a change, transfer, or cancel, give us a call at 1-877-CAMP-N-LA. The cancellation fee is a minimum of $10 per facility. For reservations made 10 to 11 months in advance, the cancellation or transfer fee is one day use fee per facility. For all other reservations the cancellation or transfer fee is $10 per facility when cancelled or transferred 15 days or more before arrival or one day usage fee when cancelled or transferred 14 days or less before arrival.
Reservations for overnight facilities are held from the scheduled date and time of arrival until checkout time the following day. WHETHER THE RESERVATION IS PAID IN FULL OR NOT
Early departures will be treated as cancellation.
For current state park beach advisories and other Louisiana State Parks updates please visit
Please be aware when you are reserving any day use sites, the use fees DO NOT cover entrance fees to the facility. You are responsible for the entrance fees when you arrive at the facility.