Chiseled out the state's far northern region in Winnebago County. Nearby are other "rocky" landmarks - the might Rock River and the place where wagons once forded it, Rockford. It's an area of rolling plains, interesting history and recreational variety. Two lakes set off the park's 3,092 acres. Pierce Lake, with 162 acres, is a retreat for people wanting to fish, ice fish or ice skate. A second 56 acre lake, Olson Lake, is especially for swimmers. Rounding out the park's recreational options are camping, biking, hiking, horseback trails, and cross-country skiing. Whatever the season, you can be sure there's quite a bit of activity going on at the park.
Services & Amenities:
- Boat Launch
- Campground Hosts
- Dump Station
- Handicap Sites
- Picnic Shelter
- Retail, Bait & Tackle
- Retail, Seasonal Concessions
- Trails, Equestrian
- Trails, Hiking
- Trails, Mountain Biking
|Within 10 Miles|
- Emergency Services
- Fuel, Vehicles
- Grocery Store
Alerts and Important Information
- - Alcohol is not allowed anywhere in the park.
- - Firewood Ban: It is illegal to bring or possess on IDNR properties any firewood from out of state or from a quarantine area or adjacent counties where wood exportation or movement has been prohibited by State or Federal Law.
- - Campground - A responsible adult (18 years of age or older) from the camping party must register for the party and thereby acknowledge compliance with the rules and regulations of the park for the party. A campsite can be occupied by either a "Single Family" OR a "Single Group" (up to four adults without minor children). No two families with children can occupy the same site. Major Holidays require a 3 night reservation.
- - Cabin area - No tents, trailers or RV's are allowed at the cabin site. No pets or smoking are allowed at the cabin.
- - Visitors - All visitors are required to leave the park at or before 10:00 P.M. Campground is closed at 10:00 P.M. It is possible to leave in the event of any emergency. Quiet hours are from 10:00 P.M - 7:00 A.M.
- - Pets - All pets must be on a leash; Pet owners are responsible for their animal's waste and must dispose of it properly. Pets must be kept under control at all times by their owners.
- - Please Note during Non-Peak season there is no access to water, showers or dump station.
- - Park Hours for the Non-Peak season are as follows:
*November 1 - March 31:
8:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M.
*April 1 - April 30:
8:00 A.M. - 10:00 P.M.
- - For additional park information or questions, please contact the Park via our email at firstname.lastname@example.org.