GENERAL INFORMATION FOR THE MCKELDIN YOUTH GROUP SITES
- Must have someone 18 years of age or older on site at all times
- You should expect to camp with other groups of varying sizes,
ages and genders.
- A MAXIMUM of 50 people are permitted on each site. A ratio of
1 adult to not more than 10 youths allowed.
- Tents only - sites are 70' X 70'
- There is no electric, water or shower house.
- A bathroom is available within 450 FT.
- A playground is near by.
- Picnic tables are NOT allowed to be moved out of or into another
- Fire rings are not allowed to be moved around within the camp
- Generators are not permitted.
- There are no grills for cooking
- Quiet time hours are in effect from 10 pm TILL 7 am.
- Maryland law REQUIRES a helmet for everyone under the age
of 16 who rides their bicycle, a scooter or in-line skates within the
YOUTH GROUP ENTRY
Youth Groups arriving after Sunset, must call the park headquarters the day prior to your reservation at 410-461-5006, Monday thru Friday between 8:30 am to 4pm to obtain additional information for entry into the park. Park gates lock at Sunset.
CAMPGROUND CHECK IN TIMES
Campers may arrive anytime between 3 PM and 10 PM. The gates close at 10 PM and no entry will be allowed until the next day.
To participate in any of the amenities at the park: fishing, horseback riding, disc golf, tubing, boating, etc., you will need to bring your own equipment.
Any person or group requiring 3 or more rentals (campsites, shelters, or any combination, there of) must first contact the Park Headquarters at 410-461-5006 prior to making reservation.
- The consumption or possession of an open container of an
alcoholic beverage will be prohibited in all state park areas
with the exception of the interior areas of full service cabins
- For additional alcohol information, visit:
YOUTH GROUP PASS
A valid Maryland DNR Youth Group Pass is required to reserve a designated
youth group camping area, nightly service charges apply, for additional
information visit: http://dnr2.maryland.gov/publiclands/Pages/youthgroup.aspx
Due to the Emerald Ash Borer, DNR has prohibited the importation of any type of firewood into all DNR owned and managed properties. Chain saws are not allowed.
The address for your event in the McKeldin Area of Patapsco Valley State Park is:
11676 MARRIOTTSVILLE RD, MARRIOTTSVILLE, MD 21104.
For directions, visit: http://dnr.maryland.gov/publiclands/central/patapsco.asp
Pets are not allowed. For additional information, visit: http://dnr2.maryland.gov/Publiclands/Pages/pets.aspx