GENERAL INFORMATION FOR THE HILTON AND HOLLOFIELD CAMP SITES
- All camping equipment MUST be kept on the pad. Nothing is allowed in the woods or on the grass. A MAXIMIUM of 2 camping units are permitted on the camping pad only if space allows it.
- Memorial Day Weekend through Labor Day, there is a 2 night minimum weekend stay (Friday and Saturday) and a 3 night minimum stay for holidays.
- Must have someone 18 years of age or older on site at all times when occupied. The occupancy is LIMITED to 6 people.
- MAXIMIUM of 2 vehicles permitted on camping pad only if space allows. Parking is not allowed on the grass, on the main road or in another camp site. Some sites have a limit of ONE VEHICLE. There is an overflow parking lot for additional vehicles. Please observe the NO PARKING SIGNS and the speed limit of 10 MPH through the campground.
- All visitors are responsible for the entrance service charge and MUST register at the gate to receive a parking pass.
- Maryland law REQUIRES a helmet for everyone under the age of 16 who rides their bicycle, a scooter or in-line skates within the park.
- Fire rings are NOT to be moved.
- Food and trash is NOT to be burned but placed in dumpster.
- Picnic tables are NOT allowed to be moved out of or into another campsite.
Quiet time will be maintained in the campground from 10 pm to 7 am. Generators are permitted, but all aspects of their use and operation must conform to the established quiet hours and all applicable safeguards designed to prevent disturbing other visitors and to preserve the peace and tranquility of the park environment, to include COMAR 08.07.06.20(F).
CAMPGROUND CHECK IN TIMES
Campers may arrive anytime between 3 PM and 10 PM. The gates close at 10 PM and no entry will be allowed until the next day.
Any person or group requiring 3 or more rentals (campsites, shelters, or any combination, there of) must first contact the Park Headquarters at 410-461-5006 prior to making reservation.
To participate in any of the amenities at the park: fishing, horseback riding, disc golf, tubing, boating, etc., you will need to bring your own equipment.
- The consumption or possession of an open container of an
alcoholic beverage will be prohibited in all state park areas
with the exception of the interior areas of full service cabins
- For additional alcohol information, visit:
Campsites must be occupied daily for the duration of your reservation. Camping equipment may not be stored or left on site unattended during the duration of the reservation.
Due to the Emerald Ash Borer, DNR has prohibited the importation of any type of firewood into all DNR owned and managed properties. Chain saws are not allowed.
The address for your event in the Hilton Area of Patapsco Valley State Park is:
1101 HILTON AVE, CATONSVILLE, MD 21228.
For directions, visit: http://dnr.maryland.gov/publiclands/central/patapsco.asp
Pets are not allowed. For additional information, visit: http://www.dnr.state.md.us/publiclands/pets.asp