Quiet time will be maintained in the campground from 10 pm to 7 am. Generators are permitted, but all aspects of their use and operation must conform to the established quiet hours and all applicable safeguards designed to prevent disturbing other visitors and to preserve the peace and tranquility of the park environment, to include COMAR 08.07.06.20(F).
CAMPGROUND CHECK IN TIMES
Campers may arrive anytime between 3 PM and 10 PM. The gates close at 10 PM and no entry will be allowed until the next day.
Any person or group requiring more than two rentals (campsites, shelters, or any combination, there of) must first contact the Park Headquarters at 410-461-5005 prior to making reservation.
To participate in any of the amenities at the park: fishing, horseback riding, disc golf, tubing, boating, etc., you will need to bring your own equipment.
- The consumption or possession of an open container of an
alcoholic beverage will be prohibited in all state park areas
with the exception of the interior areas of full service cabins
- For additional alcohol information, visit:
- All camping equipment MUST be kept on the pad. Nothing is
allowed in the woods or on the grass. A MAXIMIUM of
2 camping units are permitted on the camping pad only if
space allows it
- There is a 2 night minimum weekend stay (Friday & Saturday)
and a 3 night minimum stay for holidays between Memorial
Day and Labor Day.
- Must have someone 18 years of age or older on site at all
times when occupied. The occupancy is LIMITED to 6 people
- MAXIMIUM of 2 vehicles permitted on camping pad only if
space allows it. Parking is not allowed on the grass, on the
main road or in another camp site. Some sites have a limit of
ONE VEHICLE. There is an overflow parking lot for additional
vehicles. Please observe the NO PARKING SIGNS and the
speed limit of 10 MPH through the campground.
- All visitors are responsible for the entrance service charge
and MUST register at the gate to receive a parking pass.
- Maryland law REQUIRES a bicycle helmet.
- Fire rings are NOT to be moved.
- Food & trash is NOT to be burned but placed in dumpster.
- Picnic tables are NOT allowed to be moved out of or into
Campsites must be occupied daily for the duration of your reservation. Camping equipment may not be stored or left on site unattended during the duration of the reservation.
Due to the Emerald Ash Borer, DNR has prohibited the importation of any type of firewood into all DNR owned and managed properties. Chain saws are not allowed.
The address for your event in the Hilton Area of Patapsco Valley State Park is:
1101 HILTON AVE, CATONSVILLE, MD 21228.
For directions, visit: http://dnr.maryland.gov/publiclands/central/patapsco.asp
Pets are not allowed. For additional information, visit: http://www.dnr.state.md.us/publiclands/pets.asp