Description Season for Peak Fees: All Year
Sunset State Beach features pine trees, mountainous sand dunes, and ocean side picnic spots. Bordered by large agricultural fields between the cities of Santa Cruz and Monterey, the beach is a year-round destination for thousands of visitors.
Park Kiosk Hours:
- Hi Season: 7am-10pm
- Lo Season: 9am-4pm
Services & Amenities:
- ADA Access
- Comfort Station
- Fire Rings
- Hiking Trails
- Iron Ranger
- Nature Trails
- Picnic Area
- Ranger Station
- Viewing Platform/Overlk
- Water Sports
Alerts and Important InformationDiscount Pass must be presented at the time of check in.
Your DMV Disabled Placard/License Plate does not automatically give you a discount on your campsite. You will need to obtain a CA State park-issued Disabled Discount Pass (DDP) or Distinguished Veterans Pass (DVP).
Sunset State Beach reservations are site specific, site
will be selected at the time the reservation is made.
- Fees include entry for 1 vehicle and 1 legally towed vehicle or trailer, additional vehicles will be charged per night at the park.
- No dogs allowed on the beach!
- Dunes Camp and Pine Hollow family sites are reservable Mar 15 - Oct 31 annually (closed when not on reservations).
- Group site and South Camp family sites are reservable year round.
- To book a Group site you must have at least NINE occupants.
- Occupancy by the same persons, equipment, or vehicles of the Santa Cruz District's camping facilities is limited to a total of 30 days in any calendar year. These facilities include: Sunset SB campground, Manresa SB campground, Seacliff SB campground, New Brighton SB campground, Henry Cowell Redwoods SP campground, Big Basin Redwoods SP campground, and Portola Redwoods SP campground
Getting There:The beach is 16 miles south of Santa Cruz via Highway One and San Andreas Road.
201 SUNSET BEACH RD
WATSONVILLE CA 95076
Phone Number:Information: (831)763-7063