If you are interested in having a RV delivered and set up on your campsite at San Elijo, Silver Strand, or South Carlsbad State Beach Campgrounds, the following Concessionaires are the approved contract providers: Albert's RV (858) 598-5829, Luv 2 Camp (888) 898-2267, MLG Enterprises RV Rentals (760) 458-8510, and Travel Time RV (800) 787-3689. No business or private party may conduct business on State Park property without an approved contract.
Season for Peak Fees: 03/01 to 11/30
Located on the San Diego Coast, San Elijo offers swimming, surfing and picnicking. The narrow, bluff-backed stretch of sand has a nearby reef popular with snorklers and divers.
Check the State Parks website for additional information on the weather, suggested day hikes, or to see the park brochure, campground map, park photos, video, and more. Information available will vary from park to park.Click here
Park Kiosk Hours:
- Hi Season: 7am-10pm
- Lo Season: 7am-8pm
Services & Amenities:
- Bilge Pump Station
- Comfort Station
- Convenience Store
- Dock, Accessible
- Dump Station
- Fire Rings
- Ranger Station
- Store - Convenience
Alerts and Important InformationDiscount Pass must be presented at the time of check in.
Your DMV Disabled Placard/License Plate does not automatically give you a discount on your campsite. You will need to obtain a CA State park-issued Disabled Discount Pass (DDP) or Distinguished Veterans Pass (DVP).
Campground is Site Specific, you will select your site number
when you make a reservation at San Elijo.
Silver Strand SB is now on the reservation system. If campsites are not available at San Elijo for the dates of your stay please check Silver Stand's web page for available campsites; Click: HERE
Fees include entry for 1 vehicle and 1 legally towed vehicle or trailer, additional vehicles will be charged per night at the park.
Campers under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent, or provide, upon arrival, a letter from a parent granting permission to camp. All juveniles must be in their own campsite after 10 p.m.
- Reservations available year round.
San Elijo Seasonal Closure:
South End: Sites 1-128 are closed from January 21, 2014 - March 16, 2014
Campsites will close on Tuesday, January 21, 2014 at noon.
Campsites will re-open on Monday, March 17, 2014 at 2PM for reservations.
Note: SOUTH END sites will re-open for the following:
Presidents' Weekend at 2PM on Friday, February 14, 2014 - Tuesday, February 18 at noon.
North End: Sites 130-171 are closed from November 3, 2013 - January 20, 2014
Campsites will close on Sunday, November 3, 2013 at noon.
Campsites will re-open Tuesday, January 21, 2014 at 2PM for reservations.
Note: NORTH END campsites will be re-open for the following:
Thanksgiving Week at 2PM on Friday, November 22, 2013 - Sunday, December 1, 2013 at noon.
Christmas / New Year at 2PM on Friday, December 20, 2013 - Sunday, January 5, 2014 at noon.
- Quiet hours are 10 p.m. - 6 am. Visitors not staying overnight must be out by 10 p.m
- Generator hours are from 10am-8pm.
- Campsite is limited to 8 people maximum and is designed for
individual family use. Large groups require a special event permit.
- Take precautions to prevent theft by securing property, such as
surfboards, bikes and ice chests.
- RV hookup sites are limited to 2 vehicles, and all wheels must stay on pavement. Standard sites allow 3 vehicles. There is no parking for more vehicles. A trailer is counted as a vehicle. Park out of roadway behind site number, to allow emergency vehicle access.
- Animals must be on a leash less than 6 feet at all times and may not be left outside at night and are prohibited on the beach.
- Alcohol and glass containers are NOT allowed on the beach or beyond your campsite.
- All park plants are protected. Do not cut or attach items, such as
ropes, to any plants.
- Mid-September to mid-October, adjacent Cardiff State Beach hosts two large annual surfing contests. Contact the campground for dates.
- Maximum stay during High Season (March - November) is 7 nights. All persons and equipment must vacate for a minimum of 48 hours before beginning another stay.
- Park Road separates Oceanfront (premium) sites from Inland sites. Ocean sites are on a bluff overlooking beach. Stairs to beach. Sites have no shade.
- Park Kiosk Hours: Hi season 7 am - 10 pm. Lo season 7 am - 8 pm.
- Reservations Year Round.
- WiFi access is currently unavailable.
Getting There:San Elijo State Beach extends along Coast Highway 101, 3/4 mile north from San Elijo Lagoon's entrance channel, near the community of Cardiff-by-the-Sea.
Exit Interstate 5 at Encinitas Blvd, head WEST. Turn LEFT on So. Coast Hwy. Follow the Coast Highway south, about 2 miles.
2680 Carlsbad Blvd
Carlsbad, CA 92008
SAN ELIJO SB
2050 SO COAST HWY 101
CARDIFF CA 92007
Phone Number:Project Office:(760)753-5091