To play any type of music (DJ's, radios, microphones, CD's, etc), a permit is required. Call the park office at 410-461-5006 Monday thru Friday between 8:30 and 4 PM. They need to be obtained BEFORE the day of the event. There is No Charge for the permit.
GENERAL INFORMATION FOR SHELTERS
- Must have someone 18 years of age or older on site at all times when occupied.
- Shelters/pavilions are for picnicking in the day use area of the park. They are NOT for camping or staying overnight.
- Ballfields are not reservable.
- Shelters are not heated or enclosed.
- Groups will be restricted to the capacity of the shelter.
- Picnic tables are NOT allowed to be moved out of or into a shelter.
- Park grills are for charcoal ONLY. You may bring a gas grill.
- Maryland law REQUIRES a helmet for everyone under the age
of 16 who rides their bicycle, a scooter or in-line skates within the
Patapsco Valley State Park has a wide variety of shelters available in diverse landscapes with varying levels of accessibility. Please contact the park headquarters at 410-461-5006, Monday thru Friday between 8:30 am and 4:00 pm to inquire about amenities and access to a shelter for your convenience and your guests.
Inflatable play equipment and trampolines are prohibited on site without a permit. This permit must be obtained at least 3 weeks in advance by the reservation holder of the event. Please visit the shelter to make sure the site will allow the size of equipment you plan on reserving since some sites are very small.YOU WILL NEED TO BRING A GENERATOR! To obtain a permit and the necessary paperwork required, contact the park office at 410-461-5006, Monday thru Friday between 8:30 and 4 pm. Due to the need for water conservation, any device requiring water (for instance portable swimming pools, dunk tanks, etc.) are NOT allowed in the park.
ENTRANCE SERVICE CHARGES
In addition to the pavilion/shelter charge, there is a facility entrance fee into the park. Those wanting to prepay the service charges need to contact the park office before the reservation date.
April through October
November through March (honor system in effect)
Admitted Free: children buckled in safety seats; persons with the Access Maryland State Park Pass for persons with disabilities; members of the Maryland National Guard and all active duty military personnel who display their active military identification card (complimentary access is permitted for card holder only). Senior citizens 62 and older with MD Golden Age Pass. Golden Age Pass requires a $10 fee. Information available at: http://dnr2.maryland.gov/publiclands/Pages/goldenage.aspx
Any person or group requiring 3 or more rentals (campsites, shelters, or any combination, there of) must first contact the Park Headquarters at 410-461-5006 prior to making reservation.
To participate in any of the amenities at the park: fishing, horseback riding, disc golf, tubing, boating, etc., you will need to bring your own equipment.
Pets, with the exception of service animals, are not allowed in park buildings, restrooms or play areas. Pets are defined as cats and dogs. Pets must be on a leash at all times. You must have control of your pet at all times. Please bring bags to clean up after your pet. Owners must obey all park signs that prohibit the entry of pets into specific areas. For additional information, visit:
- The consumption or possession of an open container of an alcoholic beverage will be prohibited in all state park areas with the exception of the interior areas of full service cabins, motorhomes, and designated shelters
- Permits may be issued upon request by the park manager for special events operating under a use agreement.
- Alcohol permits will only be issued through the Reservation System (1-888-432-2267) for a designated shelter, or other approved facility at the time of creation of your reservation or any time prior to your reservation date.
- A $35 fee will be charged for each alcohol permit and MUST be obtained prior to the event.
- If you have reserved in the Pickall Area both of two adjacent shelters 705 A and B, 706 A and B; or 707 A and B; then you need only purchase one (1) permit.
- Permits may be revoked for cause by Park Manager, their designee or a Natural Resources Police Officer.
- For additional alcohol information, visit:
Due to limited parking, carpooling, use of vans or buses is RECOMMENDED. Parking is NOT ALLOWED on the grass or on the main road. Spaces are not reserved, designated or guaranteed. Parking spaces are used by shelter renters and the general public. Shelter renters should arrive early to secure parking near their shelter. Parking spaces are LIMITED!
Due to the Emerald Ash Borer, DNR has prohibited the importation of any type of firewood into all DNR owned and managed properties. Chain saws are not allowed.
The address for your event in the Glen Artney Area of Patapsco Valley State Park is:
5120 SOUTH ST, BALTIMORE, MD 21227.
For directions, visit: http://dnr.maryland.gov/publiclands/central/patapsco.asp
NO ALCOHOL ALLOWED
Shelter is not designated for an alcohol permit.
For additional alcohol information, visit: http://dnr2.maryland.gov/Publiclands/Pages/alcoholfaq.aspx