2013 Reservation/Transaction Fees:
In addition to the park facility use fee, there is a nightly reservation/transaction fee. Internet reservations, the per night fee is $4.56. Call Center, the per night fee is $4.61. Walk-In transactions at the park, the per night fee is $4.51. Reservation/Transaction Fees are Non-Refundable.
Cancellation Fee Policy Change-Effective May 1, 2013:
To better serve our Maryland Park Service customers, we are changing our cancellation policy to a reservation cancellation service charge of $6 per reservation; except for Assateague Island State Park, which will remain at $6 per night.
Nature Exploration, History and Recreation Galore! Enjoy the woods and water along the Patapsco for varied recreation including camping, hiking, fishing, canoeing, horseback trails and mountain bike trails, as well as picnicking for individuals or large groups in the park's many pavilions available for rental. It features a view of the historic Thomas Viaduct, the world's longest multiple-arched stone railroad bridge, located in the park's Avalon Area. You also can walk across the 300-foot suspension swinging bridge in the Orange Grove Area.
Services & Amenities:
- Baseball/Softball Fld
- Basketball Net/Court
- Bird Watching
- Disk Golf
- Dump Station
- Educational Programs
- Evening Programs
- Fire Ring With Grill
- Firewood Sales
- Historic Sites
- Horseback Riding
- Hot Showers
- Interpretive Programs
- Junior Ranger Program
- Mountain Biking
- Nature Center
- Nature Program
- Park Headquarters
- Picnic Shelter
- Picnic Tables
- Potable Water
- Ranger Station
- Standing Grills
- Swing Bridge
- Tent Area
- Toilet, Pit/Vault
- Trails, Accessible
- Trails, Horse
- Trails, Mountain Bike
- Visitors Center
- Water Fillup Station
- Wildlife Viewing
- Youth Group Camping
Alerts and Important InformationALCOHOL POLICY
- The consumption or possession of an open container of an alcoholic beverage will be prohibited in all state park areas with the exception of the interior areas of full service cabins & motorhomes.
- Permits may be issued upon request by the park manager for special events operating under a use agreement.
- Alcohol permits will only be issued through the Reservation System (1-888-432-2267) for a designated shelter, or other approved facility at the time of creation of your reservation or any time prior to your reservation date.
- A $35 fee will be charged for each alcohol permit and MUST be obtained prior to the event.
- If you have reserved in the Pickall Area both of two adjacent shelters, 705A&B, 706A&B or 707A& B; then you need only purchase one (1) permit.
- Permits may be revoked for cause by Park Manager, their designee or a Natural Resources Police Officer.
- For additional alcohol information, visit: http://dnr.maryland.gov/publiclands/alcoholfaq.asp
FOR ADDITIONAL PARK INFORMATION
Visit our website: http://www.dnr.maryland.gov/publiclands/central/patapsco.asp
Getting There:*Pickall Area -
8125 Johnnycake Rd., Baltimore,MD 21244
From the Beltway (I-695) take Security Blvd. (Exit 17) westbound. Go 0.5 mile and turn left on North Rolling Rd. Take next right (Fairbrook Rd.). Go 1 mile, turn left on Johnnycake Rd. Go 1.5 miles. Park Entrance is on the left.
From Rt. 40 take Rt. 40 to North Rolling Rd. toward Security Square Mall. Go 2.5 miles, turn left onto Fairbrook Rd. Follow above directions.
*Hilton Area -
1101 Hilton Ave, Catonsville, MD 21228
From the Beltway (I-695) take Frederick Rd. (Exit 13) through Catonsville to South Rolling Rd. Turn left and make first right onto Hilton Avenue. Bear left and follow Hilton Ave. 1.5 miles to the park entrance on right.
From Howard County follow Frederick Rd. through Ellicott City into Baltimore County, turn right at South Rolling Rd. and follow directions above.
* Hollofield Area -
8020 Baltimore National Pike, Ellicott City, MD 21043
From the Beltway (I-695) take Rt. 40 West (Exit 15). Follow Rt. 40 West 2 miles to the park entrance on the right.
From I-70/Rt. 29 take Rt. 29 South (Exit 87) to Rt. 40 East 2 miles to the park entrance on the right.
* Avalon/Glen Artney/Orange Grove/Lost Lake Areas -
5120 South St, Halethorpe, MD 21227
From the Beltway (I-695) Take Rt. 1 (Exit 12-A) toward Elkridge. Follow Rt. 1 South about 3 miles to South St. Turn right. Park entrance is on the left.
From I -95 take I-195 to Rt. 1 (Exit 3) toward Elkridge to South St. Turn right. Park entrance is on the left.
From Howard County follow Rt. 1 through Elkridge and into Baltimore County. Turn left onto South St. Park entrance is on the left.
* McKeldin Area -
11676 Marriottesville Rd, Mariottsville, MD 21104
From I-695/I-70 West take I-70 to Marriottsville Rd. (Exit 83). Go north on Marriottsville Rd. for 4 miles to the park entrance on the right.
From I-70 East take Rt. 40 to Marriottsville Rd. Turn left. Park entrance is 5 miles on the right.
From Rt. 26 take Rt. 26 to Marriottsville Rd. Go South 4 miles, park entrance is on the left.
PATAPSCO VALLEY STATE PARK
8020 Baltimore National Pike
Ellicott City MD 21043
Phone Number:Information: (410)461-5005