Services & Amenities:
|Within 10 Miles|
PALMETTO ISLAND STATE PARK ROADS TO BE PAVED: Louisiana State Parks staff will be overlaying roads at Palmetto Island State Park during the week of June 3-7. Normal park operations are not expected to be affected by the work, but visitors are advised that construction vehicles will be present on park roadways.
CAMPGROUND SITES CLOSED FOR ELECTRICAL RENOVATIONS: New reservations at Palmetto Island State Park's campground are unavailable through July 1, due to necessary electrical renovations. Repairs will take place throughout the campground, beginning with vacant campsites. Existing reservations will be honored; some visitors may be moved to a different site to accommodate the ongoing project. As the sites are completed, they will be reopened. The cabins and day-use facilities are still available for guests.
Splashpad at Palmetto Island State Park: The splashpad is open Tuesday - Sunday. Please contact the park directly to confirm that the playground is open or for additional information.
GOLF CARTS NOW ALLOWED IN PALMETTO ISLAND STATE PARK: Effective August 1, 2012 guests will be able to drive golf carts on the roadways within the boundaries of Palmetto Island State Park near Abbeville. Licensed drivers with liability insurance on their carts can take advantage of this opportunity between sunrise and sunset.
America the Beautiful Discount: Effective July 1, 2010, America the Beautiful Golden Age and Golden Access pass discounts will not be accepted by phone or online. All passes will be verified and discounts applied at the park upon arrival. According to Act No. 50 R.S. 56:1692.1, 1693.2(A), and 1693.3 any citizen of the U.S. who possesses a Golden Age or Golden Access Passport must present proper identification along with passport to receive 50% discount of campsite fees and/or exemption from day-use fee to any Louisiana State Park and the state park system of the citizen's domicile as reflected on presented identification must recognize such passes for discounted access or services.This means out of state America the Beautiful Senior/Access pass holders will not receive a discount at LA State Parks if their home state does not honor these passes. LA citizens in possession of one of these passes will continue to receive a discount.
OFFICE OF STATE PARKS REVISES OPERATING HOURS:
Palmetto Island State Park, LA
107 site(s) found
DescriptionPalmetto Island State Park is located about 6 miles south of Abbeville, La. The 6 cabins are near the Vermilion River, and there is a boat launch in the park which leads to the river. The campground has improved sites and 2 comfort stations. Some campsites have a concrete substrate and are wheelchair accessible. Located within the park are a Nature Center, Meeting Room, Canoe launch, picnic pavilions and tables and walking trails.
Services & Amenities:
Alerts and Important InformationRules:
- Pets are not allowed in any buildings, including cabins and lodges.
- Please be prepared to pay the balance of your facility rental fee upon your arrival at the park.
- Reservations for overnight facilities are held from the scheduled date and time of arrival until checkout time the following day. WHETHER THE RESERVATION IS PAID IN FULL OR NOT
- Early departures will be treated as cancellations.
- Golden Age/Golden Access Passport holders must present a valid card at check-in.
- Persons who rent park facilities can be held responsible for any damage done to those facilities.
- All park buildings are smoke free environments including cabins and lodges.
- Cabins and Lodges are furnished with basic kitchen utensils, pots, bed linens, pillows and towels.
- A maximum stay of 15 consecutive days is allowed in the park.
- Reservations must be made at least 1 day in advance.
- Please be advised that cell phones often do not work in remote areas including many park sites
If you are reserving a cabin, lodge or group camp 10 months or more in advance of the arrival this reservation will adhere to the following:
- This reservation must be paid in full no later than 30 days after the reservation is made.
- If you call the reservation center to drop off any days or cancel you will be charged one days rental.
- For Park Specific Questions contact the park at 1-888-677-0094.
- Should you have any problem with your reservation, or you need to make a change, transfer, or cancel, give us a call at 1-877-CAMP-N-LA. The cancellation fee is a minimum of $10 per facility. For reservations made 10 to 11 months in advance, the cancellation or transfer fee is one day use fee per facility. For all other reservations the cancellation or transfer fee is $10 per facility when cancelled or transferred 15 days or more before arrival or one day usage fee when cancelled or transferred 14 days or less before arrival.
Getting There:Take Hwy 82 South through Abbeville, La. Take a left onto Hwy 690. Take the 1st Right onto Pleasant Road. Go approx. 2 miles and the park is on the left.
Mailing Address:Palmetto Island State Park
19501 Pleasant Road
Abbeville LA 70510
Phone Number:Information: (888)677-0094