Services & Amenities:
Miner's Corner, WA
DescriptionThe 13 acre site is Snohomish County’s first universally accessible park and employs full storm water dispersion; a low impact development technique that preserves and restores native vegetation instead of using conventional storm water ponds and vaults.
A large fully accessible playground with sand and water play habitat is set into an existing woodland at the park core. A 10 foot tall wheelchair accessible lookout tower (one of the tallest in the country) provides a unique experience and focal point for the playground and park as a whole.
The entire park path system is designed to be fully accessible with a maximum grade of 5%. A ½ mile perimeter loop and internal paths connect the site’s amenities and offer users of all abilities the opportunity to explore the park and enjoy the natural setting.
An accessible multipurpose sport court contains a full size high school basketball court, 4 square court and hopscotch. An adjacent sloping lawn area and available electric power allow the court space to be used for special events such as movies or a farmers market.
Additional special features include: a picnic shelter and site power system designed with a solar power array; a custom restroom designed for universal accessibility and special needs users.
Services & Amenities:
Alerts and Important Information
WELCOME TO MINER’S CORNER COMMUNITY PARK!
Please review the following SNOHOMISH COUNTY PARKS & RECREATION SHELTER AGREEMENT
1. Permittee shall comply with Snohomish County Park Rules & Regulations. If at any time any or all members of the group behave in conflict with any laws or park codes, they will be asked to leave. ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES ARE STRICTLY PROHIBITED SCC.10.06.010.
2. Place garbage in the receptacles provided. No litter producing items, i.e., hay bales, water balloons, or raw eggs. No nails, staples or tacks will be attached to shelter or tables.
3. Permittee shall maintain control of the group and the area shall be kept clean at all times.
4. Please do not remove picnic tables from other shelters or sites.
5. Amplified music is prohibited. No boom boxes allowed.
6. Fires will be built in designated fire pits only; no fires will be left unattended nor allowed to extend beyond the capacity of the fire pit. Special cooking units for the purpose of barbecuing for large groups must be approved in the advance by the Park Ranger ( please allow 14 business days for approval).
7. Non-compliance may affect ability to reserve shelter areas in the future.
8. Reserve your times with care--picnic shelter and activity area must be vacated 1 hour before sunset. No refunds for early departures.
9. Please arrive on time. Permit holder may lose rights to the shelter, and forfeit all fees paid if arriving late or abandoning shelter. The shelter may be opened to the general public use at the discretion of the Park Ranger on duty.
10. Reservations are for shelters only. Restrooms will be shared by the general public. Parking is not guaranteed, and is on a first-come, first-served basis only.
11. Events that exceed shelter capacity and/or have inflatables (e.g. bounce houses) require prior approval from the Parks Department. No dunk tanks. Failure to comply may result in termination of reservation without refund. Contact 425-388-6624 for more information.
12. $35.00 NSF check fee.
I HAVE REVIEWED THE CANCELLATION AND CHANGE POLICY. I ACCEPT THE RESPONSIBILITY FOR THIS GROUP'S COMPLIANCE OF ALL STATED IN THIS AGREEMENT.
Getting There:GPS Info. (Latitude, Longitude):
Take the WA-527 exit, EXIT 26, toward Bothell/Mill Creek
Turn onto Bothell Everett Hwy/WA-527 heading south (toward Bothell)
Turn left onto 228th St SE and head east for 2 miles
Turn right onto 45th Ave SE. Park is on your left
From SR-9: Turn west onto 228th St SE and proceed 1.4 miles
Turn left onto 45th Ave SE. Park is on your left
Mailing Address:Miner's Corner
22903 45th Ave SE
Bothell WA 98021
Phone Number:Project Office:(425)388-6608