Description Season for Peak Fees: 05/15 to 09/15
MacKerricher State Park offers a variety of habitats; beach, bluff, headland, dune, forest and wetland. Tidepools are along the shore. Seals live the rocks off the park's Mendocino coast. More than 90 species of birds visit or live near Cleone Lake, a formal tidal lagoon. During winter and spring the nearby headland provides a good lookout for whale watching. The park is popular with hikers, joggers, equestrians and bicyclists. Fishing is also popular, with trout in two fresh-water lakes. The park has a wheelchair accessible nature trail.
Park Kiosk Hours:
- Hi Season: Varies
- Lo Season: Varies
Services & Amenities:
- ADA Access
- Boat Launch Ramp
- Comfort Station
- Disabled Access Site
- Dock, Accessible
- Dump Station
- Fire Rings
- Hiking Trails
- Iron Ranger
- Picnic Area
- Ranger Station
- Store - Convenience
- Visitors Center
Alerts and Important InformationReservations for Mackerricher SP family campsites are site specific
Discount Pass must be presented at the time of check in.
Your DMV Disabled Placard/License Plate does not automatically give you a discount on your campsite. You will need to obtain a CA State park-issued Disabled Discount Pass (DDP) or Distinguished Veterans Pass (DVP).
2014 Reservation Season:
- Dogs allowed on leash in most of park, but are prohibited on Virgin Creek Beach, the northern half of Ten Mile Beach, the Seal Rocks harbor seal pup nursery area, and the Surfwood Walk-In campground. Information about restrictions is available at the entrance station.
- A parent or guardian must accompany youths under 18 years of age. The Supervising Ranger may approve the stay of a youth that presents a signed consent from the parent or guardian with address/phone number, stating dates of the authorized stay, and the park name.
- Fees include entry for 1 vehicle and 1 legally towed vehicle or trailer. Additional vehicles will be charged per night at the park. A maximum of 2 licensed vehicles may be parked at most campsites. Licensed vehicles include automobiles, recreational vehicles, travel trailers, boat trailers, and utility trailers. No overnight extra vehicle parking available within the park.
- Occupancy by the same persons, equipment, or vehicles is limited to a total of 15 days from May 15 - September 15 and restricted to a total of 30 days within any calendar year.
- MacKerricher State Park has 118 developed family campsites, two group camps, and a ten site walk-in campground.
West Pine (Sites 60-107): Reservations available March 21 - August 31; 1st1st when not on reservations
East Pine (Sites 22-59): Reservations available May 9 - August 31; closed when not on reservations
Surfwood (Sites 108-143): Reservations available May 9 - August 31; closed when not on reservations
Cleone East and West Group Camps: Reservations available June 20 - August 31; closed when not on reservations
To book a Group site you must have at least NINE occupants
Getting There:The campground entrance is three miles north of Fort Bragg on Highway One, near the town of Cleone.
12301 N. Hwy. 1, Box 1
Mendocino CA 95460
Phone Number:Project Office:(707)937-5804