The Hailstone Recreation Area is the premier development of Jordanelle State Park, and is designed to accommodate active recreational pursuits.
Hailstone is a large developed campground and day-use area on the west side of the reservoir, and is a favorite location of boaters and RV campers. Many of our campsites offer water and electric hook-ups.
The Event Center is located near the park entrance. Perched on a hill with a spectabular sweeping view of the reservoir, it's the perfect venue for weddings, reunions and meetings!
Located on the west shore, Hailstone serves as Jordanelle State Park's main recreational facility and park headquarters. This site has become one of the most heavily visited recreational areas in the state due to its location and facilities. Hailstone serves thousands of visitors each year from boaters and campers, to fishermen and special events.
The waters of Jordanelle provide recreational opportunities for many people, including boaters, waterskiers, fishermen, jet skiers, and swimmers. The reservoir is also an important resting area for many migratory waterfowl and other birds. The open, rolling land serves as habitat for many plant and animal species.
Surrounded by rolling hills and majestic mountain peaks, Hailstone offers picturesque camping with nearly 200 campsites, for both RV's as well as tents.The Event Center is an ideal backdrop for weddings, banquets, receptions or retreats.
Deer Creek State Park, Rockport State Park, Wasatch Mountain State Park, Mirror Lake Scenic Byway, Park City Resort and Deer Valley Resort.
Alerts and Important Information Park office Hours : 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m Weekdays
Weekend hours Vary.
All tents must be on tent pads.
Any commercial activity including sale of boats, boat rental, or carrying passengers for profit is prohibited without the written permission of the park manager.
Jordanelle State Park
SR 319, 515 BOX 4
HEBER CITY UT 84032
Phone Number:Information: (435)649-9540
Call 435-615-7397 for more information or go to www.jordanellerentals.com.
The events listed here are not intended to be an all inclusive list. Please contact the park for further details.
- September 21-22 - PCSA Fall Regatta (Laser No Coast Championship)
This event is OPEN to the public and is spectacular to watch with the beautiful fall colors as a backdrop. Event will take place at the PWC ramp and adjacent waters from there to the dam. Boat access will be somewhat restricted in that area for the races. Go to http://www.sailparkcity.org/ for more information.
from May 01 2013 to Sep 22 2013
- August 24, 2013 EVENT - PCSUP CUP, Stand up paddle board race
Park City SUP CUP is a stand up paddle board series that will take place in the wakeless area near the day use beach. The races will start around cabanas 1-6 and travel out to the island and go around the island. The area is not closed to the public however care should be given to stay away from the racers. Race days are June 1 and Aug. 10, 2013. Check us out on Facebook ( www.facebook.com/JordanelleSP ) and Twitter ( @JordanelleSP
from May 31 2013 to Aug 24 2013
- The Ultimate Bass Team Tour will be having several tournaments at Deer Creek, Starvation, and Jordanelle State Parks. The Jordanelle event will be May 31, 2014 at Hailstone. Go to www.UltimateBassTeams.com for more information. There should be no noticeable conflict with the public use of the facilities. from May 30 2014 to May 31 2014
- Scheels will be holding a paddle sports demo to the public. You will be able to try out the latest stand up paddle boards, kayaks, canoes, and more. This event is no additional fee with your day use entry to the park. Check us out on Facebook (www.facebook.com/JordanelleSP ) and Twitter ( @JordanelleSP ). from Jun 06 2014 to Jun 07 2014
- CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC, but event spectators are welcome via shuttle. Rock Cliff recreation area will be CLOSED from about 5:00PM on Friday, June 13, 2014 until 5:00PM Saturday, June 14, 2014. Day use, campgrounds, and adjacent waters will be closed to the public for the dates listed. Spectator access will be permitted by shuttle. The ramp at Hailstone will remain open to the public. Please plan accordingly. If you reserve a campsite for Saturday, June 14, you may not check in prior to 5:00pm. Go to http://www.racetri.com/rock-cliff/ for more information. Check us out on Facebook (www.facebook.com/JordanelleSP ) and Twitter ( @JordanelleSP ). from Jun 13 2014 to Jun 14 2014
- Open to the public. The park will be very busy and congested due to this popular event. $17 per car up to 8 people. Registered campers will be required to pay an additional $5 event fee at the time of the reservation. Annual pass holders will be honored, however donations are accepted. Event will take place in the day use public beach area and wakeless areas of Hailstone. Boat access may be restricted in the wakeless area during the event. Food, live music, kids zone, parade of lights at dusk, fireworks at 10:00pm. A shuttle will be available for the campground and Event Center lots. Check us out on Facebook (www.facebook.com/JordanelleSP) and Twitter ( @JordanelleSP ). from Jul 01 2014 to Jul 19 2014
- OPEN TO THE PUBLIC, but note that an event will be ongoing throughout the daylight hours. Day use and Perimeter Trail will be in use with periodic restricted access for the public at the Rock Cliff boat ramp. Spectator access will be permitted as dictated by the event. The ramp at Hailstone will remain open to the public. Please plan accordingly. Go to www.triutah.com for more information. Check us out on Facebook (www.facebook.com/JordanelleSP ) and Twitter ( @JordanelleSP ). from Jul 31 2014 to Aug 01 2014
- Park City SUP CUP is a stand up paddle board race that will take place in the wakeless area near the day use beach. The races will start around cabanas 1-6 and travel out to the island and go around the island. The area is not closed to the public however care should be given to stay away from the racers. If the water is very low, the race will be moved to the PWC ramp. http://pcsupcup.com Check us out on Facebook ( www.facebook.com/JordanelleSP ) and Twitter ( @JordanelleSP ). from Aug 01 2014 to Aug 02 2014
- The event will take place at Rock Cliff at the ramp, along the shoreline, and on the Perimeter Trail. Athletes will take race their stand up paddle boards, then mountain bike on the trail, then back to the boards to finish. The trail and ramp area will be congested. Please plan accordingly. This event will start and end at Rock Cliff. Go to https://paddlepedal.eventbrite.com/ for more info. Check us out on Facebook ( www.facebook.com/JordanelleSP ) and Twitter ( @JordanelleSP ). from Aug 08 2014 to Aug 09 2014
- Tri Utah Rock Cliff Triathlon
from Aug 14 2014 to Aug 16 2014