Description Season for Peak Fees: 03/01 to 11/30
El Capitan State Beach offers visitors a sandy beach, rocky tidepools, and stands of sycamore and oaks along El Capitan Creek. It's a perfect setting for swimming, fishing, surfing, picnicking and camping. A stairway provides access from the bluffs to the beach area.
Park Kiosk Hours:
- Hi Season: 8am-10pm
- Lo Season: 8am-3:30pm
Services & Amenities:
- Accessible Campsites
- Automated Pay Machine
- Convenience Store
- Fire Rings
- Group Camping
- Iron Ranger
- Multipurpose Paved Trails
- Nature Trails
- Picnic Area
- Store - Convenience
- Toilet, Accessible
Alerts and Important Information
Park visitors are advised the park is experiencing an increase in the rodent population such as ground squirrels this year. Ground squirrels can damage property and equipment. While we strive to control rodent populations at this campground park visitors who occupy campsites must take precaution to protect their food and equipment. California State Parks is not responsible for damage to personal property
Discount Pass must be presented at the time of check in.
Your DMV Disabled Placard/License Plate does not automatically give you a discount on your campsite. You will need to obtain a CA State park-issued Disabled Discount Pass (DDP) or Distinguished Veterans Pass (DVP).
El Capitan SB is open Year Round.
El Capitan SB is now site specific. Campers will reserve a specific site when making a reservation.
- The former DEL MAR Group Camp (Sites 124 - 132) has been converted to family motorhome/trailer only sites. Only self-contained RVs/trailers are allowed, as restrooms may be closed. No tent camping allowed. These sites are located on a paved lot. Many have an ocean view. Sites have no picnic tables or fire pits.
- Fees include entry for 1 vehicle and 1 legally towed vehicle or trailer, additional vehicles will be charged per night at the park.
- Reservations available April 1 - Nov 30 annually.
- Limited availability. Sites are off reservations and 1st come 1st serve from 12/1 through 3/31, depending on the weather.
- To book a Group site you must have at least NINE occupants.
- Dogs are not allowed on the beach. Other dog rules are enforced.
Getting There:El Capitan SB is located off Highway 101, seventeen miles west of Santa Barbara.
EL CAPITAN SB
10 REFUGIO BEACH RD.
GOLETA CA 93117
Phone Number:Information: (805)968-1033