1) Campers must camp within their designated campsite.
2) Backpacking stoves may be used for cooking, except during Red Flag fire conditions. WOOD FIRES, GROUND FIRES, CHARCOAL FIRES, BBQS, AND ALL OTHER FIRES ARE PROHIBITTED AT ALL TIMES. It is a felony to cause an unlawful or negligent wildfire.
3) Pets are prohibited in the Trail Camp.
4) Equestrian campers must pack in feed. Grazing is prohibited.
5) Hikers and mountain bikers, who wish to park within Cuyamaca, must park their vehicles at the Green Valley or Paso Picacho campgrounds. Equestrians must call Cuyamaca at (760) 765-3020 at least 5 working days before their arrival to arrange parking for their vehicles and trailers. There is no legal overnight parking along Highway 79. Vehicles parked along Highway 79, after hours, will be cited.
Granite Springs Trail Camp is located 4.5 miles from Green Valley Campground. You must hike, mountain bike, or ride a horse to the campsites. There is no public motor vehicle access.
The Granite Springs Trail camp is designed for those campers who desire a wilderness camping experience. The camp is located at the boundary of a montane grassland and a pine/oak woodland. The elevation of the camp is 4,850 feet. Amenities are limited; there is a vault toilet, trash cans, corrals, and non-potable water. You must pack in your drinking water or use a water purifier.
Up to 3 horses are permitted in each camp. There is no additional fee for horses. Your reservation fee includes parking for 2 vehicles per site. Additional vehicles will be charged per night at the park. Campers may stay up to 3 consecutive nights in the trail camp.
Please allow at least two hours of daylight to safely hike to the Trail Camp. Weather conditions can change quickly; plan accordingly. Rain, snow, high winds, and freezing temperatures can occur from October through May. High temperatures and lightning can be dangerous during the summer. The Trail Camp is open all year but may be closed for public safety or resource management concerns.