DescriptionAll vessels entering Silverwood Lake will be required to pass the Quagga Mussel inspection before launching. ALL VESSELS MUST BE CLEAN, DRAINED, AND DRY. Vessels that fail inspection will be quarantined from launching for seven days. Season for Peak Fees: 05/15 to 09/15
Silverwood Lake was formed by the 249-foot Cedar Springs Dam. At 3,350 feet, it is the highest reservoir in the State Water Project.
The lake features hiking trails, swimming beaches and designated areas for boating, waterskiing and fishing. There is a marina with a launch ramp, boat and equipment rentals, and a store. The park has picnic areas, including three that can be reached only by boat, no fires or stoves are allowed in boat-in areas. The lake has trout, large-mouth bass, crappie and catfish.
The lake attracts waterfowl, raptors and songbirds. Canada Geese and an occasional bald eagle can be seen in the area.
Check the State Parks website for additional information on the weather, suggested day hikes, or to see the park brochure, campground map, park photos, video, and more. Information available will vary from park to park.Click here
Park Kiosk Hours:
- Summer Hours: 6am-9pm(May 1st - Sept 30th)
- Winter Hours: 7am-7pm (Oct 1st - April 30th)
Alerts and Important InformationDiscount Pass must be presented at the time of check in.
Your DMV Disabled Placard/License Plate does not automatically give you a discount on your campsite. You will need to obtain a CA State park-issued Disabled Discount Pass (DDP) or Distinguished Veterans Pass (DVP).
- Visit the Silverwood Lake Website at www.parks.ca.gov or call the park at 760-389-2303 for updated information regarding fire alerts, boating and road conditions.
- Showers are coin-operated using quarters.
- There is a maximum of 8 people per family site at any time day or night, infants and children are counted as a person.
- Camping fees include entry for 1 vehicle and 1 legally towed vehicle or trailer. Extra vehicles will be charged an additional fee per night when they arrive at the park. Boating reservation fees do not cover entry fees for vehicles or vessels, these fees will be collected upon arrival.
- You may now reserve 7 months in advance for the use of the lake.
- The lake is within hiking distance from campsites. There are no
- All campers and boaters must wait in line to register and obtain a park pass.
Boating hours will be 6:00 a.m. to Sunset.
If you need SPECIAL ASSISTANCE please contact the park prior to your arrival. There are no hook-ups to run medical devices. Your site will be mixed with tent campers so generator hours need to be observed. We can assist you with prior notice.
- Sites 1-65: Reservations are available May 1 - September 30; closed when not on reservations.
- Sites 66-136: Reservations are available ALL year.
- Reservations are available ALL year.
- For boat or boat slip rental info, call the marina at (760) 389-2299.
- If you have a family camp site reservation, you do not need a Boat Use reservation, unless you arrive on a Saturday, Sunday or Holiday. Boat reservations are very strongly recommended due to possible sellout conditions.
- Barranca: Reservations are available May 1 - September 30; closed when not on reservations.
- Miller Canyon I, II, III: Reservations are available May 1 - September 30; closed when not on reservations.
- Rio Group: Reservations are available May 1 – September 30; closed when not on reservations. May be reserved by campers with or without horses.
- Valle: Reservations are available ALL year.
- To book a Group site, you must have at least NINE occupants.
SILVERWOOD LAKE SRA
14651 CEDAR CIRCLE
HESPERIA CA 92345
Phone Number:Information: (760)389-2281