Camping and a wealth of other outdoor activities are available only 20 minutes from downtown Oakland at the 5,067-acre Anthony Chabot Park, part of the East Bay Regional Park District. It's a beautiful year-round public campground with miles of hiking and riding trails.
Anthony Chabot Regional Park is located in the hills of Oakland, in Northern California.
Visitors can explore miles of beautiful hiking, riding, and bicycling trails, which wind through grasslands, chaparral, and shady eucalyptus groves and stretch along the shores of Lake Chabot. Please visit the Anthony Chabot Park Page for more information.
Anthony Chabot Family Campground overlooks Lake Chabot. The campground has RV, trailer, tent, and walk-in campsites, hot showers, campfire programs and an amphitheater. Family campsite reservations can be made online or by calling the Reservations Department at 1-888-EBPARKS (1-888-327-2757) Option 2. Groups of 11 or more are encouraged to use group campsites. Group campsites are available by advanced reservation only (5 days advance/phone only). Call 1-888-EBPARKS (1-888-327-2757), Option 2. Please visit the East Bay Regional Park District Camping Page for more information.
Anthony Chabot Park is located in Oakland, near many attractions in the East Bay Area. Tourists should note that campground entry gates are locked every night: no vehicle entry possible after 10:00pm each night until gates are re-opened at 8:00am the next morning.
Services & Amenities:
- Comfort Station
- Handicap Access
- Hiking Trail, Bicycle Riding
- Hiking Trail, Horseback Riding
- Lawn Near Site
- Mountain Biking
- Nature Program
- Nature Study
- Picnic Tables
- Ranger Station
- Recreation Programs
- Water Drinking
|Within 10 Miles|
- Rent Canoes/Kayaks
- Rent Paddle Boat
- Rent Patio Boat
- Row Boat Rental
Alerts and Important InformationCANCELLATION/CHANGE
- For cancellations done over 3 days/72 hours in advance you
must pay an
$8.00 non-refundable cancellation fee per site you cancel, in addition
to forfeiting the non-refundable $8.00 service fee per site you paid
when you made your reservation. If you had made changes to
your reservation, and paid an $8 change fee, the change fee(s) will not
- SITE FEES: You forfeit all site fees under THREE DAYS from
the day you
- REFUNDS: After calculating all service and site fees you
any remaining credit balance will be refunded. No refunds will be given
for rain during your stay.
- An $8 non-refundable service fee will be charged for each
Please click the link below for more information:
AND CANCELLATION POLICY
CHOOSING YOUR SITE:
- The first vehicle is included with your reservation; a
will be charged an Extra Vehicle Fee of $8 per night upon arrival at
- Maximum of two vehicles allowed per site, OVERFLOW PARKING
- All vehicles must fit on the paved parking pad, maximum
total length 35
- Reservations are SITE-SPECIFIC; make sure the site you
- Only two sites per household may be reserved per date.
REGIONAL PARK MEMBER
- Entry gates are locked every night: no vehicle entry
10:00pm each night until gates are re-opened at 8:00am the next
- If you are going to miss the first night of camping but you
intend to camp at the park, please call the Anthony Chabot Park staff
at (510) 690-6677 and let them know when you expect to arrive. If you
do not arrive at the park for your first night of camping and do not
call by 10 a.m. the next day to inform park staff that you are still
coming, your campsite will be given away.
- BY PHONE ONLY AT THE TIME YOU MAKE YOUR RESERVATION
- Call (888) 327-2757, option 2, and request your discount
when you make
your reservation. See Membership Terms and Conditions for details
- NOT AVAILABLE ONLINE; and no refund/credit can be given
- NO UNPROCESSED/NATURAL FIREWOOD is allowed into the park.
campground kiosks at Anthony Chabot and Del Valle have firewood for
- GENERATORS ARE NOT ALLOWED at this campground. All sites
have a 10 ft.
picnic table and a fire circle with an adjustable grate which can be
used for barbeques. Hookup sites have electricity (30 amp), sewer and
- MINORS: Must furnish park staff with written consent of and the full name, residence and telephone of parent or guardian. The consent letter must contain the dates and park name. Please review our Juvenile
- Notify Park Police by calling 911 from the CAMPGROUND
PAYPHONE, or call
510-881-1833 from a MOBILE PHONE regarding AFTER-HOURS problems that
need police attention.
- All persons at a campsite may be removed if there is a
state law, Ordinance 38 or campground rules. The period of expulsion
shall be for the full period remaining on the camping reservation.
Persons removed are not eligible for refunds for unused fees. It shall
be unlawful to refuse to vacate a campground and leave District
parklands when requested under this Section.
Getting There:GPS Info. (Latitude, Longitude):
There are several access points to Anthony Chabot Regional Park, located on Redwood Road in Oakland. From I-580 westbound in Castro Valley, take the Castro Valley exit and turn left at Castro Valley Boulevard. At Redwood Road, turn right. (From I-580 eastbound, take the Redwood Road exit and turn left at Redwood.) After about two miles on Redwood, you will first come to Willow Park Golf Course, then Lake Chabot's Proctor Staging Area, both on the left. Another few miles will bring you to Marciel Gate at Marciel Road. Marciel Road leads to the group camping area and the Anthony Chabot Family Campground.
9999 REDWOOD RD.
Castro Valley CA 94546
Phone Number:Information: 1-888-327-2757